Budget Democrats Vote with the Wealthy, Against Protecting Working Families, Farmers, and Seniors
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today in the House Budget Committee, Democrats are fighting to defend trillions in taxes and spending as well as the wealthy who will benefit from their socialist policies.
When given the opportunity to stand up for working families, farmers, American citizens, and seniors, Democrats voted NO on:
- Canceling handouts and tax cuts for the wealthy.
- Repealing a tax on cows.
- Stopping amnesty for illegal immigrants.
- Putting American students first.
- Protecting American farmers and small businesses from ruinous tax hikes.
- Helping tenants stay in their homes while preserving affordable housing.
- Protecting access to life-saving treatments and cures for America’s seniors.
- Helping uphold the pledge to not raise taxes on those under $400,000.
- Ensuring the rights of states in administering their health care programs.