House Budget Committee to Hold Member Day Hearing on Budget Process Reform
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, Chairman Jodey Arrington (R-TX), Ranking Member Brendan Boyle (D-PA), Budget Process Reform Task Force Chairman Rudy Yakym (R-IN), and members of the House Budget Committee will hold a Member Day Hearing to receive testimony from the broader Republican and Democratic conferences on their respective ideas and legislative proposals on how to reform Congress’ broken budget process.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 9 am est. Click HERE to watch the House Budget Committee’s hearing live.
Hearing Topics Will Include:
- Enforcing Congress’ power of the purse
- Refocusing the budget process to center on achievable results
- Streamlining the annual appropriations process
- Changing structural designs of the budget process and implementing enforcement measures to encourage timelier outcomes
- Addressing the Nation’s unsustainable fiscal trajectory, including through the establishment of a bipartisan, bicameral fiscal commission