March 08, 2023
The Past is Prologue: Biden’s Woke and Bloated Bureaucracy
In November, President Biden emphatically said he would change “nothing” in his agenda. His budget this week will prove that point. More government. Less freedom. Slow economic growth.Funding the Woke Agenda at Taxpayer Expense
- The responsibility to spend the taxpayers’ money is the key to everything the government does. The Constitution makes clear that the government is supposed to only spend funds on things that benefit all Americans in carrying out the enumerated powers.
- Unfortunately, the budget has been used to fund the controversial and partisan policy agenda and the institutions of the progressive movement, at the expense of the American people.
- As the budget has grown, government has too, with politicians and bureaucrats exerting control over the most personal aspects of the lives of everyday Americans.
- The American people are fed up with their tax dollars being used against them.
- President Biden has attempted to inject controversial and divisive diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) race, sexual orientation, and gender identity- based policies through every aspect of the federal government.
- These policies are antithetical to the very founding of our nation, which is based on the principle that “all men are created equal.”
- Federal agencies have been required to develop “Equity Action Plans” to describe how they will take into account race in reallocating taxpayer funding through contracts and grants to politically favored groups. The administration explicitly states they are “embedding equity in the everyday business of government.”
- The Biden administration’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) worked to put a target on the backs of Americans when it established the Disinformation Governance Board on April 27, 2022 until Secretary Mayorkas disbanded the board four months later due to a massive public outcry.
- The State Department sent over $300 million to the National Endowment for Democracy, a group that is tied to a British organization called the Global Disinformation Index that targeted many conservative news outlets, pushing that they were unreliable sources of information for publishing stories such as the Hunter Biden laptop story, although facts would suggest otherwise.
- For years, the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have been working with social media companies, notably Twitter, to censor Americans.
- Since October 2019, the FBI has paid Twitter over $3.4 million for processing requests to access stored communications data. However, the specific nature of these requests is unknown, although it does raise questions about how much the FBI is shelling out to other companies to access Americans’ private information.
- President Biden signed an executive order explaining how the country is plagued by “systemic racism” and “deserves an ambitious whole-of-government equity agenda which led to a rule that would award millions of dollars in grants that prioritize the belief that America is systemically racist.
- The Department of Education is distorting Title IX based on sexual orientation and gender identity, allowing biological males to compete in women’s sports, forcing states and localities receiving federal funding to implement the Department of Education’s guidance or risk losing federal funding.
- Last year, the Department of Education requested $161 million for the Department’s Office of Civil Rights, a 23 percent increase over FY 2021’s level.
- Instead of fighting rising energy costs, President Biden approved funding for new luxury electric vehicles of wealth families. These tax credits would cost taxpayers $7.5 billion.
- President Biden signed off on $1.5 billion in tree planting, forcing taxpayers to pay for other cities’ beautification programs.
- Instead of shoring up the U.S. Post Office’s billions of dollars of debt and working to make it profitable, the Biden Administration signed off on spending $3 billion of new electric delivery vehicles.
- One of President Biden’s proud achievements, the “Inflation Reduction Act” will spend $1 billion on grants for “clean” garbage trucks.
- In July of 2022 in the wake of the Dobbs decision, President Biden signed an executive order that would send $3 million in new funding to Title X clinics and fight states’ abortion laws.
- The nation’s largest abortion promoter, Planned Parenthood, received $633 million from the taxpayers while performing 383,460 abortions.